Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Seoul Sky Observatory...

At 1,821 feet (555 meters) and with 123 floors, Lotte World Tower opened in 2017 as Korea’s tallest building; it is currently the fifth tallest in the world. It was crazy to realize that it was over double the height of the tower Ashlynn and I visited in Tokyo in 2015.
To get to Seoul Sky Observatory, we first had to enter the Lotte Mall. While the basement (which housed the tower entrance) was filled with stores similar to malls across the US or Netherlands, the upper floors would be much more at home on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills with insanely expensive designer clothes, purses and watches.
It also had crazy over-the-top decor.
We entered Seoul Sky on the 117th floor, where we had expansive views of metropolitan Seoul, with a population of 25 million. 
It was a bit sad spotting Lotte World Amusement Park, which Jimmy and I had visited and I really wanted to take Ashlynn, but realizing this was as close as we’d get to it.
Across the river, Seoul Tower looked tiny at just 774 feet (236 meters).

No comments: