The massive military museum opened in 1994, thus when Jimmy and I visited it with Dad and Ann it was in its early days. The only thing that I remember from that visit was the lack of signs in English and that an odd announcement was made over the intercom in English that was clearly targeted to us. This
Statue of Brothers depicts when a South Korean officer and his younger brother, a North Korean soldier, encounter and embrace each other on the battlefield. The statue expresses reconciliation, love and forgiveness.
We were not able to approach the building from the front due to what looked like a special military ceremony, but was actually a movie being made.
Ashlynn and I split up once inside so that we could go at our own pace through the exhibitions. I learned a lot about the Korean War.
I didn’t take many photos, but I thought this giant drum in the entrance hall was really cool...
...and so were the planes and helicopters hanging from the ceiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment