It is with a heavy heart that I must share the sad news that my father passed away peacefully on April 8 after a prolonged fight with prostate cancer. I regret that I listened to his medical team and didn’t hop on a plane when he was last admitted to the hospital. By the time they said I should come out, it was too late. I last saw him in October 2019. The four of us were supposed to go out last summer for his 80th birthday and his and Ann’s 40th anniversary, but COVID got in the way.
I also regret that I failed to interview my Dad so that I could have documented his fascinating life story. Instead, I just have my own memories of the various stories he shared with me over the years, which are likely inaccurate and very incomplete. I truly struggled to write this obituary, but definitely not for a lack of content. It was difficult to condense so much history into a short description, so I concentrated on stating the facts but left out the intricacies of his life, such as being a first-generation American and the first in his family to go to college.


No comments:
Post a Comment