...so this time we headed through the Delftse Hout…
…into the city of Delft itself. On the edge of the city, we came across this very cute Little Free Library.
It had been a few years since I’d been to Delft. It was extra charming without all the tourists...
…and with bright blue skies.
I was thrilled to see that there were separate bins for plastic recycling, the first I’d come across in Holland outside of the airport.The city is especially famous for its iconic Delft Blue Pottery, nicely depicted on this mural.
There’s lots of hidden architectural accent pieces around the city; thought this ship above a door was particularly nice.Of course I knew that Delft was home to Johannes Vermeer, who painted Girl with a Pearl Earring, so would have expected to see the Girl scattered about in shop windows. However, I was mighty surprised when I recognized my friend Abbie as the Girl on the cover of a magazine in the window of a costume shop.













No comments:
Post a Comment