Monday, June 21, 2021

First Flight in 1.5 Years...

After flying around the world in 2019, I never flew in 2020 at all, so it would be my first flight since returning from Boston in October 2019. 
Somehow I ended up being called last to board, which allowed me to catch the interesting lighting in this empty gangplank. 
To ensure plenty of space, I booked Delta’s fancy premium select class. Turned out there was only one other passenger in this section of the plane from Amsterdam to Seattle, so there was no worries about social distancing. Since it was a daytime flight and there were lots of good movies to choose from, I didn’t get much sleep.  
The windows on the Airbus 330 were nice and big, so I took some photos. Here’s some nice fluffy clouds over the UK...
…reflections of clouds over the ocean...
…lots of snow-covered mountains...
…and lots of water near Seattle. The Seattle Airport was shockingly busy, which made me uncomfortable as I was no longer used to crowds, but I managed to find a table to myself for a meal before boarding the flight to San Jose. 
 

No comments: