Friday, October 02, 2015

Cars and Fish...

Ashlynn had to be at the agency at 6:40 a.m. on the 27th so she could be picked up and taken to a job for GooWorld Magazine. Although that title sounds like it could be pornographic, it’s actually a car magazine. Despite being too young to drive and living in a family that doesn’t even own a car, Ashlynn was paid to pose with a Porsche with the possibility that one of the photos could grace the cover of the magazine. Here she is after the shoot, before being driven back to the agency in the car. 
Since I got up early to drop Ashlynn off, I figured it was a good chance to finally head over to the Tsukiji Fish Market. Once again, my timing was off. Turns out that the wholesale section didn’t open for the public until 9 a.m. so I could only walk through the retail section. I considered having a sushi breakfast, but was too impatient to wait in line. 
Instead I had some freshly cooked scallops, which were delicious.
The retail section wasn’t very big, but there was definitely a large variety of fish.
There were also large stacks of dried squid...
...and some very expensive fruit including a bunch of grapes for $25.

No comments: