
...but my zoom lens confirmd that the statues on the Leiden Stadhuis (City Hall) were indeed wearing masks.
As the other mask post shows, I’m not a big fan of disposable masks. Beyond the litter, even when they’re disposed of properly, they’ve created a lot of extra trash. However, when I somehow left my mask behind when we were going to the beer store, I was thankful that the owner had a new one to spare.In an effort to help support the Mauritshuis, my favorite museum, I ordered several masks of famous Dutch artworks. I couldn’t resist buying Jimmy this Frans Hals mask of The Laughing Boy.
Veronica looked great in the mask made for her by AWC volunteers.
She also used a mask to make a statement.This mask was a message best worn with an corresponding shirt (as seen here at the This is America exhibit in October).
Veronica sent this photo of a vending machine at a shopping center in Exeter that sells reusable masks. I’ve never spotted anything similar in Holland, but apparently there are now 40 of these around the UK. Honestly, it’s a business that I hope won't need to be around for too much longer, but appreciate the effort to make quality masks easily accessible to folks, especially in the early days of the pandemic.






No comments:
Post a Comment