Monday, February 11, 2019

EBC Day 10: Spotting Billy Goats...

We crossed two small bridges and one suspension bridge.
It was so cool when Ishor spotted some mountain goats high above us.
I didn’t feel great, but managed to persevere. We stopped in Pangboche for lunch. I had garlic soup which is known to help with nausea. A dog followed us the whole way down from Pangboche to Deboche, for a total descent of 1,400 feet (430 meters).
We were all happy when we arrived back at Rivendell Lodge, by far the nicest of all our teahouses. Since we were finally back in the land of running water, we were able to enjoy taking our first showers in six days. I opted to have garlic soup again for dinner. I was finally able to use Kent’s hotspot to see my WhatsApp messages. I was so relieved to learn that Veronica’s move back to Norwich went smoothly and that Ashlynn was off to Paris the next day. It was a bummer that there wasn’t enough of a connection to be able to send them messages. I was hopeful we’d be back in a WiFi zone the following day.

I was sad that Terri decided that she wanted to fly home early. She changed her flight back to Amsterdam for three days earlier with the plan to charter a helicopter from Namche Bazaar back to Kathmandu. It wouldn’t be the same without her.

No comments: