It started to lightly rain just in time to have to look like a big pink dork in front of this beautiful waterfall.
We realized that we might be staying in Phakding for two nights due to the weather, so we were disappointed when Ishor brought us to a teahouse with pretty dismal rooms. We approached him as a united front to ask him if we could switch to the International Traveller’s, which we enjoyed on our first night. Luckily he didn’t seem to mind at all, so he stopped the porters from drinking their tea and had them drop off our bags about 10 minutes further down the trail.
It felt a bit snobbish, but we didn’t feel guilty. It turns out we were the only guests at Traveller’s, so they were probably extra happy to have us. Unfortunately, the bad weather had knocked out the WiFi, so it was another evening of me sponging off of Kent’s hotspot.
I
felt queasy for the last half of the trek, but had no problem eating lunch or a
snack when we arrived at the teahouse. Sadly, things didn’t go as smoothly with
dinner. After just a few bites of veggies, I had to dash to the loo to throw
up. Bummer too as it was a really good-looking dal bhat. Instead, I just ate a bit of the rice and slowly drank my
hot chocolate while crossing my fingers that I could keep it down all night.
No comments:
Post a Comment