Saturday, August 01, 2015

First Hash in Tokyo...

Considering the size of Tokyo, it shouldn't be surprising that I could hash five days a week, but I refrained and waited until Friday to venture out to the Finally Friday Fukov Hash (F3H3). The instructions said to take the metro to Naka-meguro, which was only four stops from Roppongi, and then follow the marks. I arrived early so I could walk around the neighborhood.
It turned out that the run start was actually about a 10-minute walk from the station in a park so that we could gather in relative privacy. Both the directions to the start and the trail itself were really well marked which was very helpful since it was quite dark during the trail. Between the hills and the mugginess, I walked a fair bit of the 8K and was relieved that I didn't get lost.
About 50% of the pack were Japanese and most of the foreigners were long-time residents that spoke Japanese. I was the only visitor, but as you can see, I wasn't the only hasher there who attended last year's Beer Odyssey in Brussels.
I know the quality of this photo is horrible, but it's a reminder that I ran under a beautiful blue moon, but was bummed that I missed Jimmy haring a FILTH (Full Moon) H3 run in Amsterdam.

No comments: