Saturday, August 29, 2015

Lost in Translation...

I'd like to blame a language barrier or some other outside force (perhaps the rain?), but frankly, Melisa and I weren't too bright when we headed out that Monday to Ueno Park to do some sightseeing. Instead of eating in one of the many affordable restaurants, we opted to go to a food court and settled for mediocre food instead. Then we walked to the Tokyo National Museum only to discover it was closed on Mondays. Of course, savvy travelers like us should have known to check the schedule first.
To prove just how un-savvy we actually are, we then headed to the Imperial Gardens to take a walk in the rain. After waiting out a huge downpour, we made our way to the entrance gate only to find out (bet you didn't see this coming!) that it's also closed on Mondays.
At least the rain finally stopped and I could take a few photos before we gave up on the idea of sightseeing and went home.

No comments: