Saturday, December 31, 2016

Awesome Safari Lodge...

After having an amazing time in Mozambique, we headed to South Africa. It was a very eventful 17-hour drive, especially crossing the border where they almost didn’t accept the visas of some of the volunteers, including mine.  
Chilling with Charlotte outside our room
When we arrived at our safari lodge long after dark, I was awestruck—it was gorgeous. Set in the middle of a private game reserve near the Kruger National Park, the Ku Sungula Safari Lodge was wonderful. I was even more surprised when we sat down at a long table wrapped around an open fire and served dinner. I felt like I had been brought onto the set of Survivor.
Breakfast and lunch were served at a beautiful table overlooking the watering hole where we could watch monkeys playing and warthogs wandering. 
There were five of us in our traditional rondawel, which was much fancier than I was expecting considering the low price for this optional add-on to my volunteer program.

No comments: