We arrived in Scarborough with about two hours to spare, so we dropped off our luggage at a hotel across from the train station that offered luggage storage and went shopping for lunch and other snacks for our journey. Then Jimmy decided he wanted to get a haircut. All we could find were lots of hair salons, but no barbers; he picked one and we set a time to meet him.
Ironically, we found a bunch of barbers just another block or so down the street, so Kent decided to visit a Turkish barber for his cut and shave, which he said was one of the best he’d ever had.It dawned on me that I could also use a trim since Jimmy had cut my hair the day before we left for England and my hair was rather ragged. We came across a barber shop owned by a woman, so I went in. I was told that they don’t do women’s cuts, but when I said that I just needed a trim with no styling, I was offered a seat. The barber said I was her first female client, that is if she didn’t count the lesbians that come in for men’s cuts. It cracked me up that I went to a barber while Jimmy went to a hairstylist. Luckily both cuts were cheap and had good results.


No comments:
Post a Comment