Friday, January 18, 2019

EBC Day 1: Nervous About Those Suspension Bridges...

Much of our trail went along the raging waters of the Dudh Kosi River, which Ishor called the Milky River.
Not surprisingly, there were places where we had to cross the river. Terri and I were both quite nervous when we encountered our first suspension bridge, mostly because we were worried that there might be a way to fall. Personally, I don’t really have a fear of heights, but I have a fear of falling, most likely stemming from the fact that I’m a klutz.
Once we discovered that the bridges were very well constructed with absolutely no way to fall, all of our fears evaporated.
In fact, I loved it! The views were incredible; it might be hard to tell, but this first bridge didn’t actually cross the river, but rather a tributory, and had extremely long sections over land and just a short section over the gorge. I had my poles so didn’t fuss with my camera, but knew that I wouldn’t hesitate to take photos from the next bridge.



No comments: