Packing for the trek to Everest Base Camp was incredibly stressful, trying to balance what I need versus want and yet still hit the low weight limit. Kent loaned me a 100-liter duffel bag so I could narrow down what would and wouldn’t fit for the trek. After practicing for days, the day of reckoning finally arrived on August 27, the night before departing for Kathmandu.
To add to the stress, I panicked that my new backpack wouldn’t be allowed after finally checking the carry-on dimensions on Emirates’ website; luckily, I worried for nothing. I
got my hair braided the morning of departure in anticipation of a lack of
showers along our trek. After
some hugs and tears (both girls would be gone upon my return―Veronica back to UEA and Ashlynn to Paris to attempt to model for Paris
Fashion Week), I was picked up to head to the airport.
No comments:
Post a Comment