Not
surprisingly, I was slow going both up and down, but down was a bit faster.
Kent took over the babysitting role.Here is Chandra, the other guide, happily posing with a stray dog in front of another colorful prayer wheel.
Once back at Sherpa Village, we had a late lunch. I had fried eggs over rosti potatoes, which I loved and enjoyed many more times in the days to come. I finally paid to take my first shower on the mountain, but it wasn’t a very pleasant experience. The water was very hot and there were no dry spots to easily get redressed. I finally stepped into the hallway to pull on my trousers; luckily the hallway was empty at the time.
Afterwards,
Terri and I went to see a free documentary film about the Sherpas’ role on
Everest. It did a good job of reminding me why I’d never want to climb Everest.
Then we visited the bakery for a nice treat. Instead of taking photos there, I couldn’t resist snapping one of the local Walmart shop.Further up the mountain, toilet paper was sold at the teahouses by the roll, but in bustling Namche, there were many TP options.
No comments:
Post a Comment