Monday, October 28, 2019

Potts Point...

Originally I had planned to stay with Ashlynn in the small room she was renting through IMG in an apartment. However, after I booked my flights, Ashlynn met a British lad that was looking for a housemate and she decided to move in with him even though it meant sleeping on an inflatable mattress for awhile. I then had to scramble to figure out where I could afford to stay for eight nights in this very expensive city. Luckily I found a room with a kitchenette in Potts Point and got a free upgrade on www.Booking.com so I had this fantastic bay view. 
I was happy that Ashlynn stayed with me for all but one of those nights. 
Around the corner from the hotel was a fountain that was very popular with the White Ibis.
Historically rare in urban areas, these birds have invaded cities over the last few decades. Due to their dumpster diving, these pests have been nicknamed bin chickens.
That evening we wandered near-by Surry Hills, a hip part of town.

No comments: